- 400g tagliatelle
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1. Bring a large pot of salted water (it should taste like the ocean) to the boil.
2. Cook the tagliatelle for 5-6 minutes or until al dente.
3. While the pasta is cooking, heat a large frying pan over medium heat, and sauté the shallots and garlic in a little olive oil with a pinch of salt until soft.
4. Add the butter, and sauté the mushrooms.
5. Increase the heat and deglaze the pan with the white wine. When the wine has almost reduced completely, add the vegetable stock and simmer until reduced by half. Add the cream and parmesan cheese and stir through.
6. Mix through the cooked pasta, season with salt and pepper, and serve.