This dish is quick and easy – you can cook the bacon and make the lemon dressing while the pasta is cooking. It’s a light and refreshing dish that is ideal for a warm evening.
- 375g orecchiette
- 6 rashers bacon, cut into small pieces
- 10 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 5 tab extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch ground white pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water (it should taste like the ocean) to the boil.
2. Cook the orecchiette for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
3. While the pasta is cooking, heat a large frying pan over medium heat, and cook the bacon for about 5 minutes, until crispy and golden. Turn off the heat.
4. Mix together the lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl, then slowly whisk in the olive oil.
5. In a separate bowl, add the thyme leaves, lemon zest and bacon.
6. When the pasta is cooked, drain and toss through the bacon.
7. Pour over the lemon dressing, and mix through.