4 pieces bacon, sliced
¼ teas salt
¼ teas ground white pepper
100g grated parmesan cheese
100g grated cheddar cheese
¾ cup bread crumbs
100g grated cheddar cheese extra, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until al dente – about 7-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Fry the bacon over medium heat until crisp and golden.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour, and cook, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the milk and continue to stir, and cook until it begins to thicken. Remove from heat, add the salt and pepper, and mix in the parmesan and cheddar cheese.
6. Mix through the cooked bacon and macaroni, and pour into a large casserole dish.
7. Top with breadcrumbs and extra grated cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes until the topping is golden.